Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Warcraft III DotA

Defense of the Ancients, or DotA/Dota for short, is a very addictive game. It is a good startegy game, where two groups, the Sentinel and the Scourge, fight for ownage, as the game says when your team is owning, of the other team's base. It is based on tne "Aeon of Strife" map in Star Craft. It is dubbed by Gamasutra as "the most popular free non-supported game mod in the world. The game has been featured in several world tournaments.

It is one of the highly played by Filipino youth today. I, myself, don't really like to play, but I do know how to. When the 6.60 and up maps were released, there were a lot of changes to the characters and items. I had to really adjust until 6.64 AI maps were released. I missed the old Lightning Revenant, which was my favorite player. I can honestly say that with my unorthodox build for Razor, which consisted of Mjollnir, Power Threads (Agility), 2 Vanguards, and 2 Butterflys, I could turn the game around. Now, I'm having a hard time using the new set of skills.

Now, you might be thinking, what do I get from playing this game? I find that hard to answer when playing alone, except maybe by answering "Just to waste time," then have a grin on my face. But, when playing with other people, then that's a different story. Playing with your friends increases teamwork with each other, and you get to be closer friends. Playing with others lets you meet new people, even if it's just over the computer screen.

The only problem I see is when you get too addicted to the game, you might forget everything else. There are cases where teens just play the game all day, forgetting to do their homework or even going to school. Oh, and I find that when you play this game, your cursing habit might increase, especially when you are about to kill the opponent, then suddenly his/her (yes, a lot of girls play the game, too) teammate shows up and pwns you, or worse your target might kill you before you do ($#&@*!! hehehe).

It's ok to paly as long as you set your priorities straight. :)

Oh, if you want me to give you help on some heroes, just comment the character name and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment