Thursday, June 17, 2010

Old School Pokemon: Yellow Version PIKA!!

Yo!! Got nothing to right now, so I guess I'll be going to go "old school" and write about Pokemon Yellow. Yellow is a nice game to play. I enjoyed the fact that getting all 3 starters from the Red and Blue games is possible. The problem is only that it won't be worth expertimenting your line-up, like in Red/Blue where you only get one starter. In Yellow, your line-up will be filled with Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise, and then if you add Mewtwo to your team, then you only have one slot left. It's still a fun game to play. :) The most troublesome part in the game is the fact that Pikachu can't evolve into Raichu since it refuses the Thunderstone. Now, you might ask why I want to evolve Pikachu. It's because Pikachu has low HP and Defense. All your Pokemon(at level 70up) in their final evolutions have 200+ HP but Pikachu is left with 150+.

Anyways, I just want to share my team to you :))

Pikachu lvl.58
--Thundershock
--Thunderbolt
--Thunder
--Mega Punch

Mewtwo lvl.70
--Bubblebeam
--Psychic
--Fire Blast
--Psywave

Snorlax lvl.51
--Body Slam
--Surf
--Strength
--Earthquake

Venusaur lvl.53
--Razor Leaf
--Sleep Powder
--Solarbeam
--Body Slam

Charizard lvl.57
--Slash
--Fly
--Flamethrower
--Fire Spin

Blastoise lvl.52
--Bite
--Skull Bash
--Ice Beam
--Hydro Pump

Hmm... you might ask why I taught Fly to Charizard (I ask myself the same thing hahaha). Well,
1. I wanted to use Snorlax :)
2. Snorlax has high HP even if it's in a low level. Flying-types have low HP.
3. Snorlax can use Surf and Strength, which saves space for my Blastoise and either Venusaur or Charizard. I saved a Move slot for Venusaur to teach it Earthquake only to find out that Venusaur can't learn Earthquake. :( That's why I taught Earthquake to Snorlax and taught Venusaur Body Slam instead
4. Adding another Flying-type Pokemon in my team will add another Thunder-weak Pokemon to my team (I already have two, namely Charizard and Blastoise).

Getting Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise to learn their strongest moves are hassles that you can't afford when about to face the Elite Four. Venusaur learns Solarbeam at level 65. Charizard learns Fire Spin at level 55. This move at this point is for me the strongest fie move since your opponent won't be able to move. Yoi can trap your opponent with this kind of moves. Blastoise learn Hydro Pump at level 52. So, here are tips to help you get those moves.

Don't evolve Bulbasaur until level 48, Charmander until level 49, and Squirtle until level 42.
They learn their respective strongest moves at these levels. Then if you want to immediately evolve these Pokemon out of battle, just use a Rare Candy. I don't really see the use of Rare Candies in this game other than this. I don't really use my Rare Candies. I don't even buy Status healers. I just use the money I save to buy Potions and Ultra Balls.

When starting out, I concentrated on training only the Pokemon that I will use in the end of the game. My Pikachu was level 13 before I battled Brock. Then he was level 21 when he battled Misty. My Charmander was level 16-17 at that time too. Before I battled Lt. Surge, my Bulbasaur was level 24, Charmander was level 22. When I reached the Elite Four, my pokemon were level 50+. Yeah, it's hard to train them, but you have 6 Pokemon everywhere you go and put them in equal levels, your Pokemon will be at very low levels. I tried that before and my Pokemon were only around level 45 when I battled the Elite Four.

BTW, just in case you were wondering my team for the other Generation 1 games, it's:
Venusaur
Arcanine
Gyarados
Snorlax
Mewtwo
Zapdos

Charizard
Exeggutor
Gyarados
Snorlax
Mewtwo
Zapdos

Blastoise
Exegguutor
Arcanine
Rhydon
Mewtwo
Zapdos

Train hard and remember:
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!!

As Gary says, "Smell ya later!" :))

No comments:

Post a Comment